Public Administration Careers
Public Administration is the art and science of management of affairs in government, business and all enterprises to attain organization goals. It is a tool in the hands of Administrators to achieve optimum utilization of manpower, equipment and resources.
A prospective aspirant for a career in Public Administration has to equip himself with an Under-graduate or Masters Degree in Public Administration from a recognized University/Business School..
Career openings in India in public administration are predominantly in the Government and Public Sectors but are overshadowed by financially more lucrative careers in Business, Banking and Finance institutions.
Eligibility, Entrance Exams and Courses Offered
The basic qualification for a career in public administration is a Masters Degree in Public Administration or MBA degree. For admission to these courses, reputed colleges and universities insist on an Under-graduate degree with 50% aggregate marks in the final exam. Some of the more prestigious colleges and B-Schools require an aspirant to qualify in the ICET exam of the Govt of Andhra Pradesh or the MBACET exam for admission.
Aspirants looking for careers in public administration in Government or Public Sector Undertakings have to join the prestigious All India Civil Service Cadres of IAS, IPS, Indian Foreign Service, IFS, IDAS by qualifying in the Civil Services Entrance Exam conducted by the UPSC. For detailed information, visit website at <upscexam.com>
Top Colleges Offering Courses in Public & Business Administration.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B) – Provides Post- graduate programs in Management, Software Enterprise Management or Public Policy and Management.
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L) – Offers Post Graduate Program for Management students and working professionals.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur( XLRI)- Provides scope to pursue PG diploma in Business administration or Personnel Management and Industrial Relations..
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad- MBA aspirants may apply for the Post Graduate Programme in Management here. ISB also offers a Pre-doctoral program.. .
- SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai- It is considered one of the top Management Colleges in India. It offers several programs in PGD course or Executive Education.
- Sultan-ul-Uloom College of Business Administration, Hyderabad-Offers specialized Management Programs in Business & Public Administration.
- Deccan School of Management, Owaisi Hospital & Research Center, Hyderabad- Provides specialized Management courses in Public and Hospital Administration.
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam (AP)-Provides wide-ranging advanced courses in all fields of Administration.
Public Administration Career Openings & Job Prospects
On qualifying in the All India Civil Services Exam of the UPSC, candidates are appointed as District Administrators, Foreign Service Officers, Police Officers, Under Secretaries, Audit & Revenue Officers in administration, governance, law & order..
.Business administration is one of the booming careers in India. Lucrative jobs are offered to those who hold an MBA degree. MNCs and joint ventures provide huge career options to bright candidates as Managers in the areas of Marketing, Finance, HRD and Operations Control.
Public Administration Salaries
All India Civil Service Cadres : Appointed in Selection Grade (Junior Scale) at the start of their career, will draw a salary of Rs 30,000/- pm. At the time of their retirement in Senior & Selection Grade Scale they will draw a salary of Rs 80,000/- pm.
In Business & Commerce the salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications, prestige of educational institute and the standing of the organization. A fresh MBA degree holder can expect a salary of Rs. 8,000 to 10,000/- per month. Depending on his/her talent, experience and communication skills it may go up to 40,000 to 50,000 per month.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.